PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE
Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 4-7pm
Carseland Community Hall
Drop in to meet the team, learn more about the project,
and get answers to your questions!
Please be advised that Nova Solar will be conducting spring bird surveys from May 1 & 2, 2023.
ONGOING ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
July 2022 update
In July 2022, a Project Update Newsletter was mailed out to stakeholders t to inform them of recent changes made to the Project. During the stakeholder engagement process, RES has been working on Project optimization and incorporating feedback received through the process into the Project layout. Several changes have been made to the Project layout as shown on the map which was enclosed in the Project Update Newsletter which can be found on our Project Documents Page.
The changes are summarized below:
• The Project Substation has moved approximately 700m northeast on the original quarter section within the original Project boundary
• The solar panel configuration has changed
• The noise impact and glint and glare assessments were rerun with the updated layout and no change in impact is expected
• The filing date of the facility application is now August 2022
February 2022 update
In October 2021, an initial Project newsletter was mailed out to regulatory agencies, interested parties and stakeholders within 800m of the proposed Power Plant Project boundary. Ongoing discussions with stakeholders have led to valuable and positive feedback which has informed the Project layout. In February 2022, following the mail out of a Project Update Newsletter, we will be reaching out to stakeholders again to continue the discussions and gather more feedback on the Power Plant Project and proposed layout.
In August 2022, an Newsletter Update package was mailed to regulatory agencies, interested parties and stakeholders within 800m of the proposed Interconnection Project boundary. Through discussions with landowners and industry stakeholders, we have identified the north alignment as the preferred route for the transmission line and the south alignment as an alternate route. Consultation with landowners and stakeholders remains ongoing. The August 2022 Newsletter Update and a Detailed Photo Map showing the preferred and alternate alignments can be found our Project Documents page.
In February 2022, an initial Interconnection Project Newsletter was mailed out to regulatory agencies, interested parties and stakeholders within 800m of the proposed Interconnection Project boundary. We will be reaching out to stakeholders to engage in discussions and gather their feedback on the Interconnection Project.
Consultation materials for both the Power Plant and Interconnection Projects can be viewed on our Project Documents Page.
We value your feedback and encourage anyone with questions or comments or who wishes to learn more about the Project to reach out to us.
STUDIES AND ASSESSMENTS
As part of the government review process, solar projects are subject to various environmental study and reporting requirements. In order to meet these requirements and to design the Project layout, we are conducting a number of studies, including desktop and field studies focused on:
- Wildlife field surveys - completed
- Wetlands classification and mapping - completed
- Vegetation Field Surveys and Mapping - completed
- Geo-technical Studies - completed
- Noise Impact Assessment - Q1 2022 - completed
- Glare Impact Assessment - Q1 2022 - completed
- Sub-surface surveys for oil/gas facilities & other underground infrastructure - Completed